It’s been 4 weeks since I’ve been back in school and have been on sensory overload. So, I recently put together a Top 10 list and thought I’d share with you.
Here it is:
Top Ten List on the Most exciting things about going back to school!
10) Four textbooks totalling $200 plus…what the? Best cure for my anxiety and depeleted bank account: drink free cans of Red Bull that Chegg.com so generously provided along with my textbook rentals. What is it with college kids and Red Bull? Just say no!!
9) Attempting to stay alive while finding a parking spot in what seems more like some blind demolition derby. Slow the heck down and watch where you’re going!! Maybe it’s the Red Bull?!
8) Carrying a 25 lb backpack. Still trying to figure out how to track that (calories burned) on MyFitnessPal app.
7) Seeing all of the latest ‘yoga pants & short-shorts’ fashions. Holy “Not What to Wear” episode!
6) Watching the kid next to me play Fashion StoryTM game on their phone and thinking to myself, You’re 18+…so that makes you a legal adult…and you’re playing a fashion game? And oh by the way, do you not hear the instructor, “No cell phones,” for the third flipping time?!
5) Enduring ridiculous answers such as,
(English Instructor): “What is the difference between show and tell?
(Student): “It’s like when you show something instead of telling something.”
4) First group activity in Social Psychology and the first question that each of us has to answer: “How important is sex to you (based on your upbringing)?” Now that’s one ice breaker I’m not familiar with.
3) Being the ‘old lady’ in all of my classes. Pretty sure I’m older than 2 of my 3 instructors also. No biggie, I can still hang with the young’ins:-) Just keep telling yourself that, Amy!
2) Being one of two that successfully submitted homework via the school’s online app (no one else could figure it out). This old geek’s still got it!!
And the #1 most exciting things about going back to school…
1) Knowing that I am right where I’m supposed to be!
As each week goes by, I get more and more excited that I’m truly on my way to being a counselor, therapist, behavioral specialist, whatever you want to call it! All of the other stuff (2-10) makes me laugh but really doesn’t matter all that much, as long as I don’t lose sight #1 – the Finish line.
Hope you’re all working towards your dreams, enjoying life and laughing lots!
Have a great weekend and take care:-)